May 2, 2015

It's Been Awhile!

Wow. Time is flying. I have been wanting to post for so long but just haven't had time.

Right now I have 4 loads of clean laundry waiting to be folded and put away but thought I would take some time for me. Kurt is at a home show, 2 kids are off at play dates, 1 little 3 year old is napping and Kayla is resting as she was up early this morning to babysit for a neighbor. All is quiet around here. Such a rare occurrence and I am going to take full advantage of it!

Where to start? Where to start?

The last year has been crazy. And hard. But we are making it through and, dare I say, starting to feel "normal" again. (I feel like I have just jinxed us so knock on wood, throw some salt over my shoulder, do the hokey-pokey and anything else to un-jinx us!) It has taken us a year to try to recover from Kurt's scare last year. I don't think we will ever be the pre-hospitalization normal again. We are having to find a new normal.

{Man, I am having a hard time writing and expressing myself. This is a lot harder than I remember. I guess I am out of practice!}

I have recently realized how much I miss blogging. I think it is very therapeutic for me. Every time I go back and read a past post, I really enjoy it and love the memories it brings me so I have determined to post more. I am sure no one is even reading blogs anymore but I will do it for me because I need it.

So what's new?

Well, here is quick update:

We got a puppy! His name is Cooper and he is super cute. We are a dog family and really missed having one around so Cooper was the kids' Christmas present. He has been a lot of fun!

The day we brought him home.

3 months old

We have taken a few camping trips (posts to come later . . . maybe).

Evan had surgery again in December. This one was a success!

We pulled Kayla out of school and started homeschooling her in January, which has been SO good for her!

I can't think of too much other than that. Life has just been busy.

Well, now that I have the first post under my belt, maybe the others will come a little easier. Here's to more posts!

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Hey. I still read blogs. Keep those posts coming! It was good to see you the other night :)