May 13, 2015

A Time Out and Hank Smith!

September 2014 - I signed up for Time Out for Women and my girls, along with their friends, signed up for Time Out for Girls. These are 2 day events where speakers from our church come and speak to us. They are inspirational, motivational, hysterical, joyful, and wonderful events. And we were super excited this year because Hank Smith was speaking to the girls. We LOVE Hank Smith. He is a LDS youth speaker that is just amazing! We own every single one of his CD's and my kids love him (ok, Kurt and I love him too!). And the girls were going to get to see him LIVE! Oh, man, were we excited!


And Kurt and I were also very jealous. I wanted to see Hank Smith speak in person too! I kept brainstorming ways to sneak into the girls room so I could see him speak. And talk about jealous! Kurt was joking about dressing up as a girl so he could sneak into the event and see Hank too! I honestly think there was some seriousness to his joking!

Well, the first day they made an announcement that there needed to be a change in the speaking program for the Women because one of the speakers needed to attend a funeral. There was a hole in the speaking program and guess who they decided to have fill in? HANK. SMITH. No way!!! I was going to get to see him too! How awesome was that! When I text that juicy little info to Kurt, he was doubly jealous!

We got to meet Hank after the event finished on Saturday.

Here we are with Hank:

We also got to meet several other amazing speakers. I had a ton of photos but now I can't find them. I have no idea what happened to them and how they disappeared but these few photos remained.

 Here is Kayla with Calee Reed. She is an amazing singer!

This is not a very good picture but Noelle Pikus-Pace is in there. She won silver medal in the 2014 Olympic Games in skeleton racing. She spoke to both the girls and the women and was amazing! She is in the back, just under the 2 girls heads. I actually got some great pictures of my girls with her but I have no idea where they went.

This was an amazing event and we can't wait to go again this year!

No comments: