July 16, 2013

T-Man's Birthday!

On July 11th our little boy turned 2!

I can't believe it. He is growing up way too fast!

Here are his morning birthday smiles:




He just cracks me up.

Trevor and I have been having these very special moments lately. Even though he is super busy and {what feels like} out of control and is definitely our most "active" child, he and I have been having these moments where, I don't know, we just connect. Does that make sense? We "talk" and he tells me all sorts of great stories and we laugh and cuddle and it is just super special to me. 

He is starting to "get it" and listen when we ask him to do something. Right now it is a 50/50 chance of him following through but that is better than the 0 chance it was before. He wants to be a good boy and thrives on positive attention. He is just busy. I guess that is the best way to describe it. He doesn't want to be naughty or get in trouble. He is just busy and loves to explore and has no fear. So he definitely keeps us on our toes!

Since his birthday, he has started talking A LOT more. He seems to be speaking in sentences way more instead of a few words. For example, he just got a time out for hitting and after he served his time, I told him, like I always do, to go tell Evan he was sorry and to give him a kiss. Usually he says "sowwy" and gives a kiss but this time he walked up to Evan and said "I sowwy Eban" and gave him a kiss. He is also copying everything the big kids are saying. . . which they think is hilarious and they try to get him to say funny things.

We were super low key for his birthday this year. I don't know what it is but I just haven't been in the mood to throw birthday parties for the last few years. My big kids don't like this at all but T didn't seem to mind . . . yet. We just made cupcakes and had a friend and her 2 kids over for dessert. Very simple.




Oh, little man. We love you so much! You are such a special and loving little boy. You bring so much fun and smiles and laughs to our family. You are super fun right now with your facial expressions and your "stories". Oh, and you LOVE to dance. Anytime music comes on, you can't control yourself. You just have to dance. Absolutely adorable! I love you my little T!

No comments: