September 28, 2011

Me, My Mom and Jack-in-the-Box tacos


When my mom was pregnant with me she craved Jack-in-the-Box tacos. My dad, being the wonderful husband and father that he is, would get up in the middle of the night to go get her some.

When I was growing up, my mom and I would often, usually at night while watching movies, look at each other and say "taco time" and we would get up and go get some.

One time we even snuck them into a movie theater. Let me warn you - not the best idea. Besides the yummy food smell they emit, they are rather noisy to eat. Apparently people don't like you crunching in their ears while watching a movie. We giggled every time one of us took a bite. =)

Well, I can't drive by a Jack-in-the-Box without thinking of my mom and our late night, taco crunching escapades.

And I miss those.

So, most of the time, I stop and get 2 tacos and a root beer and think of my mom while I crunch away. It doesn't matter if it's 10 am or 3 pm, I stop.

Today was no exception.

It was just me, my mom and Jack-in-the-Box tacos.
(Oh, Trevor too, but he was sleeping)

2 comments:

The UnMaintained Family said...

What a happy memory. I'm glad you can think of those now. I miss your mom...
E-hug coming at yay!

Snelson Family said...

What a wonderful memory, hope you enjoyed your tacos :)