September 19, 2009

Slacker, slacker, slacker!

Yes, I have been a slacker at blogging lately. My apologies, once again. My excuse?

Life.
L - I - F - E.
Life.

Life is unreasonably, unnecessarily, unpredictably crazy right now.

Now I know what you are thinking: "what did you expect when you got a puppy?"

And I would totally agree with you except IT ISN'T THE PUPPY! He is the most predictable part of life right now: he wakes - he potties, he eats - he potties, he plays - he potties, he naps - he potties. All very predictable. And just for those curious minds - he is doing GREAT! He has blended into our family amazingly. He has to be the best puppy ever - laid back, mellow, smart, and he doesn't whine or bark. Plus he is just stinkin' adorable! Take a look:

This guy can fall asleep anytime, anywhere, any position.

He loves to sleep under the chairs - I don't know how long he will be able to continue to do this since he is growing like a weed! Almost 3 pounds in 2 weeks! YIKES - he is going to be huge!

Leg up on the chair rail:
Head up on the chair rail:
Completely spread eagle:
All stretched out:
Take a look at the back legs - cracks me up!
Cody has brought an amazing element to our family. We all just baby him and he is very spoiled already.

No, life is crazy because it is completely UNPREDICTABLE! Case in point - I am blogging at 1 in the morning. Did I plan this? No. I went to bed at 10 completely exhausted, was woken up at 11:30 by Cody to go potty (not his fault, we didn't feed him til 9 pm - remember "eat - go potty") and then couldn't go back to sleep because I was thinking about what I wanted to blog about so I thought I would just get up and do it.

I am not sure if this will make sense (remember 1 am) but here it goes: I wake up everyday with a plan - to get A, B and C done but by the end of the day I collapse into bed having accomplished only Z.

Wait, where did Z come from?

Every day is like this - wake up with one direction in mind and then something comes up to take me in a completely different direction.

For example, I have not been in the office lately because my mom is not able to watch Evan anymore due to having to go to the Infusion Center EVERYDAY for 4 HOURS to get a magnesium transfusion. (Oh, she got good test results at her last dr. appt. - YA MOM!)

So I have been a "stay-at-home-mommy-with-a-job-that-desperately-needs-her-attention" for a few weeks.

Anyway, one day I was going to get all my laundry done - YES! The goal was in sight!

Somewhere, somehow during the day I ended up at the office with Evan (3 year olds and offices don't mix for long), and then I was in Kurt's truck with Evan driving across town to look at a leaking tractor and to tow it back to the office.

Um, I'm sorry, what?
When did I become a mechanic?
Like I would know what was broken, how to fix it or if they guys could continue to use it.

So my diagnosis: uh, ya, it is leaking . . . from there:
Now come on, don't you know what that is????
Luckily I didn't have to tow it back because it was stuck in the backyard due to the trenches that it dug but needless to say, that was just one of the distractions that day and laundry didn't get done.

Does this make sense? Does anyone else feel this way? Am I the only one who can't keep her day going in one direction? I understand being flexible and going-with-the-flow but everyday I spin a million directions and never know what is going to get done.

And sometimes, there are things (like paying bills) that HAVE to get done and some things (like paying bills) keep getting dropped for other things more important at the time (like tractors, etc.) and some things (like paying bills) haven't been done at all this month - and it's the 18th, okay, now 19th already!!!!

Breathe!

Hmmm . . .
maybe I should be paying bills instead of blogging?

Nah, at now 2 in the morning I don't trust myself to get the right check in the right envelope!

Okay, so enough with that stressed out stuff already.

Exciting news. Evan learned to ride his bike without training wheels.

GO EVAN!
One day, Kurt was unexpectedly able to pick Evan up from pre-school so I jetted to the office to get some work done (I'm telling you, everyday is like this - I don't know where I am going to be at any given time! Oh ya, enough about that - sorry) So Kurt took him to the park and decided to take the training wheels off. Evan just took off. This kid has an amazing athletic gift - just like his dad - pick something up and do it. He has been riding a scooter since he was 18 months old and zips all over the place now. I will have to post some pics of the skate park - so cute (and also so dangerous!) but he loves it!

Well, it is now 2:14 am. I should try to go back to bed and get some sleep so I can be a functioning adult tomorrow and MAYBE get some laundry done. PLEASE!

Upcoming posts: no tv (what?), annual Tahoe cabin trip and the skate park.

Stay tuned!

1 comment:

Nikki said...

I love it! One in the morning is the only quiet time we have around here. The only time I have to blog is when the kids get to bed early and Mark is out on ministering visits. So that combo happens about once a month. I think, I should be doing laundry (I totally get that) but then I am to tired to get off the couch. Someday we will miss these crazy times, that is, if we ever get our bills paid.