March 29, 2009

What a week! - Again! And Again!

Man, alive. I tell you what - March has been a crazy month! I have not been in the office for 3 weeks now. It is safe to say that it is officially a mess and I am way behind - yet again. 

From my last blog you will remember that Kayla was sick. Well, then Evan got it, then Hailey got it. With my mom's immune system compromised due to her chemo, I don't want her near our house when we have a bug so I stayed home during all the sick kids. Then last week Kurt got it. Poor guy has really had a battle with this bug. I ran around last week trying to get supplies for our crews and keeping things going. So the office has been completely neglected. 

But there is hope and she just crossed the California border about 1 hour ago.

As I type right now my sanity is driving closer to me. April and Rick have bought a house in Lincoln, about 15-20 minutes from our house. April is going to be helping me in the office. I can't wait and am so excited to work with her. It will be so nice to have someone I can trust in the office. Oh, happy day!

* * * * * * * * 

Last weekend I had Scarf Luncheon for my mom. I wanted her to feel loved and supported by her friends so I threw her a "scarf party". I had never heard of one before so it was all uncharted territory. It turned out amazing. April and Rick happened to be here that weekend so April was able to help me so much! I wouldn't have been able to pull it off without her. THANKS April! We had chicken salad croissant sandwiches, spinach salad, chinese chicken salad, potato salad, grapes, strawberries and a delicious chocolate cake for dessert. My mom opened gifts from all her friends and got the most beautiful scarves. It was amazing how she got one in every color - we couldn't have planned it any better!  I will post pics as soon as I get them downloaded. Thanks to everyone who helped by brining a salad or dessert - I greatly appreciate your help!

Well, hopefully I will get in the office this week to start training April. Poor thing is walking into a mess! O-well, one thing at a time!

1 comment:

Melissa said...

What an amazing idea!! The pictures were beautiful too!